Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Overcoming the want to just tell it like it is...

So, today, I decided to write a little bit about my struggle with just submitting to my hubby.

The Bible says: "Wives, submit to your own husbands,as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. (Ephesians, 5: 22-24)

This is a constant struggle for me. First of all, I'd like to say that my husband does not ask submission of me. However, I do try to submit to him, whenever possible. It is not easy. lol I am a strong willed woman, with plenty of my own opinions and ideas about what is the best route to take. I tend to take after my dad and his mom (my grandma) who have very strong opinions and who are rather stubborn. It is difficult for me to bite my tongue, to not speak up.

This topic is harder to write about than I thought it would be. I'm having a hard time of talking about things without sounding very old-fashioned or dated. Maybe I'll come back to it in a day or so. I'm having a hard time putting things down.

I made pizza for dinner tonight, nothing fancy. I took an hour long nap on the couch, and am still feeling a little sleepy from it. All in all, not a very productive evening. I did manage to wash and dry a load of dishes.

I think I'll hit the hay a little early tonight. I've been going to bed around 12:00 or so. I know that lots of people can get by with 5 or 6 hours and it doesn't bother them, but I am not one of those people. lol I need my sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)