Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My first post

Well, it's time for the first post in this new little blog. I wonder if anyone other than myself will read it...

So, here's the deal. In real life, I do not often voice my true opinions. I hold back, because I don't want to be rude or pushy. If it seems like I'm being rude and pushy here, well, it's because I need to let frustration out somewhere and this seems like a good place to do it. Feel free to disagree- my thoughts change from day to day, so I could very well contradict myself from one day to the next. I think that is alright, because I'm really shooting for honesty here.

I am a woman, and my hormones tend to dictate my moods and behaviors. Everyone has days where things are bleak, and also days when everything looks perfect.

I will try my best to use acceptable grammar and spelling, but I'm not perfect. I'm just an average gal. Please be kind.

So, where to begin? I am 31 years old, and the only real goal I have ever had for myself has been accomplished- I got married. That was a little over 5 years ago, and I love being married. I love being a wife to my husband, and I love cooking and keeping house.

I do not love that I work first shift, and that my husband works second shift. It makes for very lonely evenings, as I live 4 1/2 hours away from my family. We are only able to spend time together on the weekends, since I work 7:30-4:00, and he works 3:00-11:30.

I also do not love organizing. I have no patience when it comes to organizing, and I'm afraid that my house suffers because of it. People tell me to start small and do one thing at a time, but I don't have the patience to start small. I just want it done, now! lol If there's anyone else out there with probable A.D.D. and you have had a hard time keeping your place organized, I feel for you.

I do not like working 40 hours/week. In my house, I cook, do dishes, clean the house, do laundry, pay bills, balance the checkbook, and try to keep things looking neat in addition to worrying about the oil changes/inspections of the car. I get frustrated and tired of doing everything often. Please don't think my husband is a lazy bum. lol He works 40 hours a week too, and these things just don't typically occur to him. I happen to be wound "tighter than a tick" and I make it a point to make sure things get done on a fairly regular schedule. If I beg and plead, he helps. Otherwise, he just doesn't think about it.

I would also like to point out that I feel angry lots of times that I am doing everything. Mostly because I would much rather be at home taking care of things than working 5 days a week and 8 hour days, then trying to come home and do the whole homemaker thing. The house ends up suffering when I am tired, and not my office work. Because of this, I often feel my priorities are out of whack. My home and my husband are the most important things to me, in addition to my family and friends.

I am a member of a homemaking website and am very jealous of a lot of those ladies who have lots of time to perfect their lemonade making skills. lol

I love cooking and baking. I am always trying new recipes and throwing together casseroles and dishes with ingredients I have on hand. I recently made my first chiffon cake and it was so good! I think I might like to try and make a homemade cake every month. I don't exactly need the extra calories, but my baking skills could definitely use the practice. I made my husband a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and it was very good. Maybe when I make something fun that turns out, I'll post a picture and the recipe.

I think that's about all for right now. Thank you for reading this. Maybe I won't feel quite so alone when I'm writing again- even if it's just for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)