Friday, June 11, 2010

On the way to the weekend

I feel like I've gotten a lot accomplished today! I'm caught up (for the most party, anyway) at work, and tonight I've did quite a bit around the house.

This evening's chores have included putting away laundry, washing and drying a load of lights and a load of darks (the lights have been folded and put away, the darks are still drying, but will be folded and put away before bed). I cleaned out the microwave, fixed dinner, packed leftovers into lunches, drug the sweeper down and ran it in the living room, put the furniture back, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen trash can (boy did it need it! Yuck!), did the dishes, and scoured out the sink. Hurray! I sacked the trash in the kitchen as well, but just left it sit by the side door since it's not really smelly or anything- just full.

I watched "White Christmas" tonight, while I was tidying up the house. I love this movie! I love the singing, the acting, and most especially, the story. If you've never seen it, please do yourself a favor and give it a try. :)

Oh, I almost forgot! Hubby got a set of wind chimes from his brother for his birthday a few weeks ago, and I put those up. I can hear them chiming now. :)

This weekend, my husband and I are going on a train ride- mind you, this isn't for traveling purposes, it's a rail excursion for tourist purposes. It's actually called a "Dutch Treat Train" and they will be serving samples of ring bologna, cheese, and birch beer while we enjoy a ride up the Lehigh Valley. We are both looking forward to it. It's a pretty long ride, too. We leave at 4:30 and aren't expected back till 7:00 or so.

I am trying to decide whether I want to boil potatoes before bed- I'm guessing that I will not at this point. I'm not sure what we'll be doing for breakfast on Saturday morning. (I was going to boil the potatoes so I could make home fries for breakfast.) I would like to get up earlier (up and around by 8:00 or so, if it's okay with Scott) so we can head down to the grocery outlet in Northumberland. We haven't been down there for awhile, and while you certainly can't plan meals around what you'll find there, I always come home with tons of "lunch fixin's". (100 calorie pack boxes for 99 cents, boxes of granola bars for 1.00, etc). They have great deals on lunch meat (although, Wenger's down in Mifflinburg has even better deals) and lots of other things, too. At any rate, I'd like to plan an earlier trip, if possible, as we will be leaving here around 2:00 to head out for the train excursion.

I've yet to plan my menu for next week's dinners- not a good sign. Tomorrow after work, my sister-in-law (who is expecting!) and I are going to dinner and then out for a play called "The Red Box". I won't be home till later on, so I tried to get a lot of housework done tonight- that way I don't have to worry about it tomorrow! I'm sure there will still be dishes to wash when I get home, but that's not really a big deal.

I've been burning a candle all night, with varying degrees of success. I have pretty bad allergies when it comes to candles and I can typically only have them burning for about 20 minutes at a time. Well, for anyone who has ever burned a candle before, you're aware that that's not nearly enough time to get a nice even burn. I lit my 2 wick "Strawberry Rhubarb Pie" candle around 5:30 and then opened up all the windows in the house. It's been tolerable, because of a light breeze, but I won't lie and say I won't be glad when I go up for bed and get to blow it out. lol

I guess that's about all for tonight. I will try to write tomorrow night about how the play went. I am very much looking forward to it. :) Happy evening, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)