Friday, July 15, 2011

Narnia

I decided tonight that I might try and re-read all of the Narnia books. I read them once before, when I got this massive tome about 4 years ago. It's all 7 books combined. I know there's a lot of debate about what goes first and so on and so forth, but I don't mind so much about order. I just want to read them.

"The Magician's Nephew" is the first in my all-bound-together set. If you haven't read the books, I really recommend them. I am 32. I never read these when I was younger, but I love them and find them so comforting. They are lively and fun, filled with awe, sadness, happiness, and love. Aslan, the lion, is God. It is Aslan who spoke this in the story. I thought I might share it with you.

"But I cannot tell that to this old sinner, and I cannot comfort him either; he has made himself unable to hear my voice. ... Oh Adam's sons, how cleverly you defend yourselves against all that might do you good!"

Call me crazy, but I really feel that God was speaking through C S Lewis when he wrote that. It's so very true! I put up borders all around myself- even from God who loves me! That line was a real wake-up call for me!

Something to ponder: Have you ever put a wall up in between yourself and God?

Other than reading tonight, I've really not done much. Really. I've been very lazy today. I got home, heated up leftovers for dinner, emptied the trash, washed out the trashcan with bleach, did a load of laundry hung it up, plopped down on the couch and watched tv/started reading till the laundry was dry, folded it, then read some more. lol

Oh wait. I folded my Wal-Mart bags. Well, maybe the first half of the evening wasn't too bad. I went down and got the mail, too. I guess I'm just thinking of that huge stack of dishes that I just do NOT want to do. There they sit. They will be there tomorrow.

Some motivation, right? I should be jumping for joy that we have so many dirty dishes. You know what they say...dirty dishes means full bellies. Lots of people aren't blessed with the variety and quantity of food we have here. They would be grateful for a sink of dishes to wash.

Man, I am getting way too philosophical tonight. I need to cut it out. lol

We really don't have much planned for the weekend. Hubby is supposed to go out with his dad tomorrow morning and fish and then we're going to my in-laws for a birthday picnic for my FIL around 4:00. I'm a little bit sad that hubby will be gone in the morning, but I think I can let him be for a little while. Okay, I'm more than a little bit sad. I don't want him to go at all, but I'm not ever going to say that. lol I only get him 2 days a week and I'm very selfish with that time. He can go fish on the river in the morning with his dad any day of the week!

Oh well. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)