Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another warm day!

I read over the last few posts I've made and realized that I don't have much of a rhyme or reason to my blog. I pretty much just talk about whatever is on my mind.

What's on my mind tonight is that I am warm! Thankfully, I am now tucked upstairs in my bedroom- which is equipped with an air-conditioner. Things in the room aren't so bad! The rest of the house is holding steady at about 85 degrees and quite humid. I would open up the windows, but there's really no point right now. It's about the same outside and there's not much of a breeze. I didn't really see the weather, but I believe today's high was somewhere around 94. I heard Friday's high is going to be around 101. I can't wait for that. lol

Here are a list of things that are currently worrying me:

My husband's truck- the transmission is slipping like nobody's business. We cannot afford to fix it right this minute. Since it's a 4x4, it'll probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500-3000 for a rebuild. I'm not looking forward to that bill.

My car- fan belt still squeals, even though we just had the tension arm replaced. Granted, the guy did say that there was some sort of belt dressing on the fan belt itself that might take some time to wear off, but I don't like it. It never happened before my dad changed the belt.

Also my car- tonight when leaving, the lights brightened and came back down again. Same thing happened when I pulled into my space along the street, making me wonder if the alternator is going bad again. I think it's got a lifetime replacement, but for heaven's sakes. It was just changed in November.

Trip to Maine- driving up there worries me. The trip itself (traffic) worries me. Once we are there I will have fun. Till then...I'm really really good at worrying.

Saving up enough money for the trip while being responsible and laying aside plenty to fix Scott's transmission.

That's about all for right now. It seems to be all financial concerns, with the exception of traffic while traveling up to Maine in September. I'm praying about all of it. I feel like that's about all I can do right now.

I like owls. That's really off the subject and whatnot, but it's true. I think owls are really cute. I like listening to them at night. I like their weird owl pellets.

I just got my newest issue of "Family Life" magazine. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's an Old-Order Amish publication that comes 11 times a year. It's filled with stories, poems, advice, and a few recipes. I've been receiving it about 6 months now and I find it pretty interesting. I never do well on the "Test Your German" Quiz. lol

Some days I don't feel like I can possibly be 32. Other days I feel about a decade older.

Welcome Pauline, my newest subscriber! Thank you for joining me here. :) It is most appreciated.

On to the actual home-making for today. I came home from my boss's pampered chef party around 9:30 or so and got down to business. I did clean up the bathroom, I washed the dishes, ironed some clothes and sorted some laundry for tomorrow. I also went outside and gave my plants a nice drink. I'm sure they needed it!!

I think that's about all for today. I'd like to leave you with something that encourages me. Some days we all need a little encouragement.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (NLT)

You have hope in God. He loves you. I say that He loves you pretty often, but it doesn't make it any less true. I want that to get through you...to permeate you...because that's the truth of the matter. No matter what you do, God LOVES you. Check out what He wants for you- does He want a life of worry and sorrows for you? Nope. He has plans that are good- they bring you a future and hope. So don't give up. Things might be tough for you right now. It's okay. God's got this one. Just give your problems to Him. He'll work a miracle right in front of your eyes. He does it everyday. Have hope, friend. Take heart. God is on your side...come join Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)