Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year! (A few days late)

Welcome to 2012, everyone! Now that we've been here for a few days and are starting to get comfortable, how's it going?

I can't really say that I'm big on resolutions. I sort of pretend to make one up and I think about it for a day or so, but I really don't ever get much out of it.

I did accomplish one thing last year- I read the Bible. Woot! I feel pretty good about finishing it up. I'm doing it again this year. It's free and pretty easy to do through CBN's website. You can even have the guy read it to you if you're busy doing other things. I tend to listen to it when I'm folding evaluation letters at work or opening mail. Both are mindless tasks that don't require me to focus so it's easy to do two things at once.

It's funny...I've looked through quite a few blogs on the blogger site- everyone seems to have some sort of area of expertise that they post about regularly, some hobby, craft, talent...just something. My blog is literally about what I am thinking about when I write it. I am terrible at planning things out. I like to do things off the top of my head. Maybe that could be how my blog is unique- it's not planned out, it's not really edited. It's just me being me. What you see is what you get. :)

I have a gut feeling that I'm going to get called in for jury duty next week. I hope that I'm wrong. So far, I've only been "on call" which means I don't have to report, but... I don't know. This week just feels different. I will check Friday after 5:15 like I'm supposed to. Hopefully it will still just say on call, but I have a feeling I'm going to be scheduled to show up.

You know what's funny? I would love to be a juror. There are so many bad people out there, and I'm so ready to listen and if they are bad, I am putting their butts away. I just am so so so apprehensive about driving to Scranton. I believe I've mentioned before how much I hate driving. Yeah, that hasn't changed. lol

So, what else is new? Not much. My grandma is still not doing well. She's been moved from the hospital to White Cliff Nursing Home. She has a Dr.'s appointment today, so they'll find out if the chemo stopped the cancer from growing at all. The Dr.'s aren't optimistic, but you never know. I've been praying a lot and I know that God does answer prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)