Thursday, December 22, 2011

On the road again

It's Christmas time! Woohoo!

Tonight we are leaving North Eastern Pennsylvania and headed out to... North Western Pennsylvania! I'm very excited to see my mom, dad, sister (with her family), as well as both of my grandma's, and all my aunts and uncles. My brother isn't able to make it out. We're all kind of disappointed, but he works as a corrections officer and just couldn't get the time off.

So, although I am really excited to see everyone, I'm also a little sad, because my grandma was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma (a type of cancer) and I know she's not feeling very well. My mom has also been worn out by this. It's taken its toll on my family, however, I'm just grateful to have the opportunity to see everyone.

If we leave here around 12:00 we should arrive at home between 4:15 and 4:30 am. Whew. That's going to be a very late bedtime. Hubby is so good about staying up- it doesn't even bother him. I can't say the same for me. It's quite a struggle to stay up that late. Especially since it's pitch black out and there's nothing to look around at! lol I will do the best I can.

So, hubby and I went to a concert last weekend and I can't tell you how great it was! We had an amazing time and were so blessed to meet the group Joey + Rory. They were so good live and at the meet and greet were kind and friendly- just like your neighbors might be. We had our picture taken with them, they signed a poster as well as a CD for us, and we just had a wonderful evening. If you get the chance to see them, please do! (I should probably mention that it would better if you like country music. lol)

Their tour bus


Scott and I with Joey + Rory

We had a large time.

So, in other news...well, let's see.

We had our Christmas party at work. I made a Cracker Barrel-style hashbrown casserole, doubled the batch, and still went home with nothing left over. I'll take that as a good sign.

Hmm...I didn't cook a whole lot this week and I'm trying now to even remember what the heck it was we had to eat.

I made chicken with sauce from a wing place "Quaker Steak and Lube". The sauce is called "Louisiana Lickers" and if you ever have the opportunity to go to a Quaker Steak, by all means, try that sauce. It's my favorite! I do believe they have several spread out in states other than Pennsylvania, so you might have one nearby. I grew up about 20 miles away from the original location in Sharon, PA.

My friend Kristin got me a glass milk bottle for Christmas. She knew I'd been looking for one and here's the fun part. It's from Jamestown, PA. That probably doesn't mean much to you, but it's about 5 miles from where I grew up. Somehow, out of all the milk bottles that were there, that one ended up in her hot little hands, a good 4 1/2- 5 hours away from its original location. Funny how God works little things like that out, isn't it?

Well, I believe that's about all for right now.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2 8-14

Check out this video called "Remember Me"

May God bless you all. A very Merry Christmas from my home to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)