Monday, January 30, 2012

Keeping the bedroom fresh in the winter time

If your home is anything like mine, in the winter time, the bedroom can be the stuffiest room of all- especially after you've been sleeping in it all night!

Here are a few easy tips to keep it smelling fresh, clean, and comfortable.

1. Crack a window open for a few minutes every day (yes, even if it's brutally cold out there- the room needs air!)
2. Change/wash your sheets weekly
3. Give your hamper a quick spray with lysol once a week.

That's it. It might not seem like a lot, but I think you'll find it makes quite a difference. We're all busy- I understand that! However, I really feel like three little things can add up to a nicer place to sleep. :)

Okay, now that the homemaking tip is up, I am afraid I have some sad news to report.

My grandma passed away on 1/26/12. I just spent the last few days at home with my family to attend the viewing and funeral. I know that she is free of pain and is happy to be with my grandpa again, but my heart aches and I miss her lots already.

The service was very nice and it was good to see my cousins, aunts, and extended family, although the circumstances were sad ones. I slept poorly while at my parents house, but last night, I was in my own bed and slept great. What a relief.

One thing that everyone brought up about my grandma was her kind and generous spirit. She always asked if she could make you something to eat, or if you wanted a drink as soon as you came in the door- and often times, even if you didn't really need anything, she'd make it for you anyway! lol

My grandma loved gardening and the flowers that were done for the funeral were gorgeous. My mom kept looking at them and said, "It's just perfect for mom. She would have loved them!"

My advice to all of you ladies is to show love and appreciation for the people in your life. You never know when they won't be around to tell. I know that may sound silly and cliche, but it's also very true.

Bless you, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)