Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Double duty cooking

This week I thought I'd post a little about double duty cooking.  You know, you cook once and then eat twice?  If you family can't stand the same thing twice in a row, or you don't do leftovers, then you might not like this idea.  Here's how it is going with my family this week:

Monday, I made a big pan full of meatballs.  We had meatball hoagies last night for supper, along with some chicken corn chowder. 

Tuesday (tonight) I am using the rest of the meatballs with spaghetti and sauce.  I'm rounding out the meal with green beans and a small salad.

Wednesday I am putting some chicken breasts in the crockpot.  When they are finished cooking, I'm taking two out and putting wing sauce on top with a few blue cheese crumbles.  I'll add a baked potato and some steamed broccoli and calling it a meal. 

Thursday I'm taking the two leftover chicken breasts, shredding them, adding BBQ sauce (actually I am doing this Wednesday in the crockpot and then spooning it into a dish to be reheated on Thursday) and making some BBQ chicken sandwiches.  I won't consider them finished until some cheese is added on top!  We'll probably have leftover soup or chips or something with these.

Friday, I'm just making a frozen pizza.  This is a hectic week, so I wanted to make sure I had some easy-peasy meals and I think these fit the bill nicely. 

Typically, I make meals a little more...oh, in depth, I guess, but these still taste great and they are very easy.

Do you ever cook once and eat twice?  Tell me about it! 

Bless you all! 


Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)