Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Change of Pace

There's no special reason I can give you for why I let my blog fall into neglect like I have.

Well, that's not entirely true.  I can give you a few reasons. 

I like to fancy myself a homemaker and a good wife.  I'm no Proverbs 31 woman, but I do try to live up to that standard.  Let's face it, though...that can be exhausting, both physically and mentally.  Knowing that I'll never be that good is discouraging some days, to say the least.  Other days, it is something that inspires me and I strive to be that woman.

I thought I'd make a blog specifically about homemaking, because I really feel as though it's becoming a lost art and, it seemed like a niche I could fit easily into.  I honestly cannot say that I am any better or worse than most women I know.  We all struggle with this and that.  I come home tired at the end of the day, just like anyone else who works a 40 hour week, and I don't always relish the thought of cooking dinner, cleaning up dishes, and keeping the house running smoothly.  I usually do these things because we can't just go out to eat every night, and often times I do enjoy cooking.  I rarely enjoy cleaning up.

So, at any rate, I thought I'd find enough things to discuss on the homemaking front to keep this blog running.  As it turns out, not only do I not have an endless source of material, I am more than just a homemaker.  I have opinions on plenty of other topics.  It's not even so much that I feel that these opinions are worthy of anyone else reading, but isn't the whole point of blogging to satisfy the need to write?

I enjoy writing although  I am no expert.  You are likely to find errors peppered throughout my posts.  I have what I would guess to be an average education.  I'm no super genius, nor do I claim to be.  I have many faults.

I am a Christian, and it is hard.  It is hard because I grew up in a secular household and I didn't grow up with religion.  Religion is a lot different than having a relationship with Jesus, IMO. People who claim to love and be all about Jesus put an awful lot of hurt on other people, I have noticed.   I could write a lot more about this.  I actually want to, but I don't have the time at the moment. 

I guess maybe what this blog will reflect, if I am able to keep up with it, will be a little of this and a little of that.  I'll post what is on my mind, if we are going anywhere or doing anything.  If I come up with some homemaking tips, I will post about those.  It'll depend on my mood.

This may or may not suit your taste.  It's okay if it doesn't.  I'm not looking to please everyone nor do I expect to.


I do want you to know that I am still the same Mandy.  Maybe I haven't really expressed anything like this so far, but it's just me.  :)

God bless you, reader.  Take care of yourself. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)