Monday, October 22, 2012

Autumn Happenings

Greetings and howdy doo to all who stop by to read this!

Our autumn has been rather busy and fast paced, but I must say that I like it!  I've been as busy as a bee baking up all kinds of yummy casseroles, slow cooker meals, and hearty dishes to keep me and hubby cozy and full.  Have you caught the fall cooking and baking bug yet? 

I posted some time ago (quite a looong time ago, really) that we were going on a little weekend camping excursion up towards Wellsboro, PA.  It was a wonderful time!  In addition to that, September took us to the Bloomsburg Fair to see all the sights, as well as take in an Alan Jackson concert.  It was a wonderful month filled with fun! 

I thought I would share some of those photos with you--I hope you enjoy them!   

Our cute little camping cottage! 
A rainy day at Colton Point State Park or the Grand Canyon of PA.
Sunrise on Hills Creek Lake
Walking on the Pine Creek Rail Trail
Old railroad bridge that is on the rail trail
Old highway bridge that has been bypassed at RB Winter State park
Panoramic shot at RB Winter State Park--one of the most beautiful parks in the state!
In love with each other!  :o)


The one room schoolhouse exhibit at the Bloomsburg Fair
How would you feel about using one of these as your only heat source? 
Across from the school is the Barton House, which has lots of neat things to look at! 
Can't you just picture some pretty young gal getting ready for a party in this lovely dress?
I thought this lightweight bedspread was so beautiful!
And a cozy bed for the little one!

We caught a local act on the free stage at the fair- Chris Ruble- he was really good!
The highlight of the evening- we had tickets to see Alan Jackson!
He did a wonderful job- it was a great show!




I'll leave you with this photo of part of the Bloomsburg Fair lit up at night.


 As you can see, September was filled with lots of fun! 

October has been going by so quickly.  This weekend we are going on a bus trip to West Virginia.  Both hubby and I are really excited and are looking forward to the trip. 

I am trying very hard to get the house organized and ready for us to leave on Thursday so that I don't come home to a mess.  So far, so good!  :o) 

Well, though I haven't really posted anything substantial here, other than photos, I think this will be the end of this post.  I need some sort of reminder to blog more often than once per month...  I also need some topics.  lol 

I hope you are doing well, that your family is happy and healthy, and that you feel loved.  God loves you more than anything!  He wants you to trust him- so let go of the worry and let Him take care of your troubles. 

Have a wonderful day, and I hope to see you soon!

May God bless you!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)