Monday, March 5, 2012

Making the most out of your cookbooks!

Hello there!

It's been a few weeks since I made a post, and I figured I better get going and blog already!

I was looking through my cookbooks the other day, and as I organized them, I realized how MANY I had! How about you? Do you have a shelf (or shelves, in my case) full of cookbooks that are old and forlorn, covered with dust?

I like to pull one out at a time and pick 1 or 2 recipes I'd really like to try. Then, plan them into next week's menu. It's pretty simple, really.

If you haven't amassed an enormous collection of cookbooks, you can still find fun new things to try. Check You Tube for lots and lots of fun cooking videos. Two of my favorite You Tube "chefs" are Betty of "Betty's Kitchen" and Titli of "Titli's Busy Kitchen". Type what I have in quotations into the You Tube serach and you'll pull up lots of neat things.

Betty's Kitchen is great for you ladies (or gents) who don't have a lot of kitchen experience. She's really thorough in explaining each step. (Don't despair if you're a seasoned veteran- she posts the recipe at the bottom of each video and you can just use that, if you'd rather!) I think you'll really like her channel. "Lazy Day Lasagna" is one of our favorite casseroles that came courtesy of her.

Titli's Busy Kitchen is filled with lots of dishes from all around the globe! This lovely lady is from the UK, but she's traveled all over and makes many different dishes (some I'd never heard of before!) She also has a website that has lots of helpful conversions. Her sense of humor is fun and unique. Just tonight I made "Baked Courgettes (Zucchini) with Feta" and it was very very good!

So, that's my tip for today- use your cookbooks! Make those investments actually pay you back with delicious meals!

If you don't have many cookbooks, try using the web to find recipes.

Now, off topic, let's see. I hope that you're having a good day. If you're in an area of the country that's been plagued by nasty storms and tornadoes, I've been praying for you.

I want you to know that though we may never have met, I hope you feel some kind of care radiating out of this blog. I care about you and so do so many others. Reader, you are blessed because our awesome God loves and cares about you, too. He's actively pursuing you, you know. Have you noticed? :) He loves you!!

God's love and pull for you are so strong that it knows no bounds. He reaches out to you every minute of every day and is constantly searching for his lost sheep. His heart breaks when they turn away, but He doesn't give up on them. No matter what has happened in your life, or what will happen in the future, there's never a bad or a wrong time to turn to Jesus. He is here for you. All the time, 24/7, 365. No problem too big, no worry too small. He's here for you. Just ask.

And there's the Holy Spirit at work, folks. That paragraph flew off of my fingers. I didn't even have to think about writing it. It practically wrote itself. If you look at it, it's not really even the same writing style. Anyway, I digress.

My point was trying to be that I care about you and I hope you're all having a good week. Share any thoughts you'd like with me below. I'd love to know what's on your mind.

Have a great day and God bless you!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)