Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A time for everything

Hello all,

I hope that you're having a good week so far. Mine hasn't been too bad, all considering.

I'm looking forward to this weekend- my husband and I are going on a 3 hour train ride on Saturday. The excursion isn't very long- only from Catawissa, PA to Northumberland, PA and back. However, we both enjoy going on train excursions and the fall leaves ought to be beautiful. I hope we will have a nice day, but I think whether it's sunny or rainy, we will still have a good time.

If I get any nice camera shots of the train or while on the train, I will feature them in a blog post. :)

One of the girls in my office is celebrating her birthday today. We will go out as a department for lunch to help her celbrate her special day. Yum! Mexican food!

Over the past few weeks, it seems as though it's been one thing after another- and as a result, my poor house has suffered. I really need to make a plan on how to get it back on track. Right now the dust is so thick on some of the shelves in our living room and in our bedroom, I might be able to collect it and start a small fire. Yuck! In addition, our living room carpet needs swept badly, my clothes need to be changed from spring/summer to fall/winter, my shoes need straightened, the kichen could use a good scrubbing, and for that matter, so could the bathroom. Whew! I am tired just thinking about all of that. If you have any tips on how to get motivated, I'd love to see them.

One thing that I am happy about this year- we bought some curtains for our bedroom. Are they pretty, frilly, and beautiful? No. They are not. They are thick, dark and not very attractive. However, they were made to be functional! These are energy saving curtains that are supposed to cut down on those winter drafts that our upstairs windows seem to have a lot of. We always put the plastic up on them every year, but hubby thought it might be a good idea to get the energy saving curtains, too. I think it's a great idea and I hope they help! :)

I'm please that all of our decorations have been up and displayed since about the 5th of September. I love coming home to a nicely decorated home. It makes things a little more pleasant. Do you decorate for fall?

I used to have a lot of decorations for both Halloween and Thanksgiving, but lately I've only put up more generic "fall" stuff and then added some turkeys when November was close by. Halloween has just fallen out of fashion for me. I'm not interested in it any more.

Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad you were here to visit!

God bless you!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)