Thursday, September 1, 2011

Recipe!

Tonight I made one of our very favorite casseroles. Because it mimics the real thing very well, and is so easy to make, I thought I might post the recipe here. I served it with green beans and garlic toast, but salad would be great, too.

Lazy Lasagna

6 oz uncooked pasta (I used Mafalda cause it resembles tiny lasagna noodles)
1 pound ground beef
14 oz. pasta sauce (I used store bought, but if you have your own, use it!)
8 oz cream cheese cut into cubes and softened to room temp
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to directions (I recommend slightly under cooking since this will be going in the oven). Place in a greased 8x8 pan. Cook hamburger on stove top till no longer pink. Drain and add sauce- stir till combined. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese, and cream cheese. Use a fork to mash and blend the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Spread mixture evenly over pasta. Spoon beef mixture over cream cheese. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.

Delicious!!

Note- this recipe works just fine with reduced fat/lower fat cheese and sour cream.


I hope you like this. As I said, it's a winner in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)