Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, it's only been, what, six months since I've posted anything? I'm afraid that my blogging skills sort of mimic my real life. I tend to be real into things for awhile, and then get sick of them and want nothing to do with them for awhile.

I've been reading quite a bit lately. Unfortunately, it was a series of 3 books that was about 2 books too long. This series was 1 long and drawn out story that could have (and probably should have) been wrapped up in 1 or two novels. Oh well. C'est la vie!

Kojak is on tv right now, and although I have it on, I'm not exactly watching it. The Rockford Files comes on next. I think I've got a bit of a crush on Jim Rockford/James Garner during these years. He's very likable, good looking, and has a great voice.

I had a nice Christmas with my family. It was good to go home for awhile and see everyone. My 1 year old nephew, Karan, is exceptionally cute and adorable. :)

Do you do anything for New Years? I don't like crowds, don't drink, and am not usually up late, so you can imagine how exciting my evening will be. lol Hubby will be lucky if I am up to kiss him at midnight.

I'm feeling kind of apathetic lately...it seems like nothing really makes me all that happy. I'm not sitting around depressed or anything, I just don't really get a lot of enjoyment out of doing anything right now. Going out seems pointless, since we're trying to save money, staying at home is pretty dull, and there's not much in between!

I hope that the weather warms just a little so we can go outside and get out a little while. I think that's part of the problem. No sunshine!

I've been working on the "Convenant" Kay Arthur study and am rather enjoying it. I seem to be making fair progress, and I think it's really helping to point out a lot of things that I haven't really thought about. We haven't been to church for probably a month and a half because of people coming to visit, us going out to visit, and just trying to get everything done that needs to be done before the holidays.

This year we have had 7 Christmases with our families (Brother and sister-in-law, 3 different grandmas, my mom and dad, Scott's dad and step-mom, and his mom) and still have 1 left to go. Forgive me for saying so, but after all this, I am all Christmased out. I kind of wish we could just have 1 big Christmas on either side of the family so we only had 2 to worry about. Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen. Everyone is all scattered around the state.

Hmm...now what to say? You'd think after 6 months that something interesting would have happened, right?

We bought a different car in November. Notice that I didn't say a new car. lol Wilbur is a 1996 Chevy Lumina with 80k. Chester (our Buick Century) was traded in- the transmission was bad, as well as the shifting solenoid (again- we'd replaced it in 2008). I like the car. It runs well and gets me where I need to go. It was a bargain, too.

I suppose that's all for now. Sorry it's been so long. I'll try to do better in the future, but no promises. :) Take care and Happy New Year.

So long, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. Thanks for reading! :)